Volunteer Policies – Friends of High Park Zoo
- Llama pen hours are 12 noon to 2 pm.
- The zookeeper will make decisions about closing the llama pen because of weather; the coordinators will inform the volunteers for that day.
- The volunteer lead on duty will assign volunteers to the following activities:
- Llama feeding station: interacting with the park users, showing visitors how to feed the llamas as well as the dos and don’ts (i.e. petting on the neck, no pulling leads to take selfies)
- Tattoo table: parents will pay $1 to have a tattoo place on their child’s arm
- Student Volunteers must be at least 15 years of age to volunteer.
- The Student Volunteer form must be completed and signed by a parent or other adult.
- Community “Hours Forms” must be completed each day prior to arriving. Please give them to the Volunteer Lead for sign off.
- Volunteers are expected to arrive in a timely fashion, approximately 30 minutes before opening and to help clean up at the end of the shift (11:30am – 2:30pm).
- Bring a snack.
- Volunteers are not allowed in the animal pens unless accompanied by a zookeeper.
- If you must cancel, please let us know by email as soon as possible (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- No cell phones, iPods, etc. should be used while in the Llama Pen.
- The zookeepers are in charge at the Zoo at all times and their directions should be followed.
- VOLUNTEERS ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE FUN!
Last updated: April 27, 2020