Friends of High Park Zoo Welcomes Santa to High Park Zoo
Sunday December 1, 2013: 2 pm – 3 pm
- Friends of High Park Zoo Welcomes Santa to High Park Zoo on Sunday December 1, 2013 2 pm – 3pm
- Bring The Whole Family to See Santa and Feed the Reindeer at the Zoo
- Festive Activities, Silent Auction and Refreshments at the Grenadier Restaurant from 2 pm to 5:30 pm
TORONTO, November 27, 2013
Friends of High Park Zoo welcomes Santa back to High Park Zoo on Sunday December 1, 2013 from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm where he will be checking on his reindeer to ensure they are in tip-top shape for Christmas Eve. This is a special event for children and their families to see Santa in person as he tends to his reindeer.
After your visit with Santa at the Zoo, join us back at the Grenadier Restaurant patio for festive activities, a silent auction and refreshments. Our silent auction will feature artwork, clothing and items from our wonderful community supporters:
- Wallabyb and bWest Highland Cowb metal quill etchings by local artisan Nathan Cole (details below)
- Friends of High Park Zoo Sugoi running jerseys donated by DiceMark
- A gift basket from Cheese Boutique
- One month free video rental membership from FILM BUFF; and
- More to come!!
Santa knows that these will make ideal Christmas gifts b especially recognizing that proceeds from our silent auction will support High Park Zoo, who compared with the spry Mr. Clause, is celebrating a mere 120 years this year. Friends of High Park Zoo continues to need the support of the community to raise funds to in order to operate the Zoo.
Other festivities at the Grenadier Restaurant patio are part of the 2nd Annual High Park Christmas Celebrations (sponsored by highpark.org and the High Park Resource Group) and run from 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm. These include: traditional holiday carols, hot chocolate and cookies, face painting, make a decoration, a Toronto Fire Truck. All this will be topped off with a tree lighting at 5:30 pm.
About Nathan Cole
Nathan Cole is an editor at Marketwired and a fine artist living in the Roncevalles neighbourhood in Toronto. Nathan has had shows in both London, ON and Toronto for both his paintings and photography work.
Currently his focus is animal portraits, done using a metal quill to etch an image on a pre-inked black scratchboard. Nathan is creating one-of-a-kind works that will be auctioned off to raise money for the High Park Zoo. He has donated two works, Wallab and Highland Cow, for their December 1st auction and tree-lighting at the Grenadier Cafe. All the animal subjects are based off ones that are found at High Park Zoo.